I just saw the news that Madeleine L’Engle has died. I absolutely devoured her books, starting at about 10 years old. I can’t imagine having made it through Jr. High and High School without them – they made me feel OK about not fitting in, and helped me to think big thoughts about big stuff: morality, love, death, religion. I still go back and reread her stuff occasionally, and I look forward to passing the books along to the Hatchling when she gets old enough. L’Engle lived a long, fruitful, interesting life and I imagine she was ready to meet her maker. But I sure am grateful she leaves behind such a large body of work.
(x-posted at After School Snack)
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 731 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Patrick, Schmatrick
- Lost: One Pair Perspectacles, Slightly Used
- The Next Time
- The Internet is Magic + Valentines
- Nobody said this was gonna be easy
- Unanswerable questions my youngest daughter has recently asked me
- They Say You Can't Go Home Again ...
- In which your fearless blogger returns from the vast wasteland of non-posting
- Look! Pretty!
- Feet of Clay