Unlike some other prodigy babies, the Hatchling didn’t figure out how to clap until last Friday, when she somehow learned it literally overnight. Thursday, nothing doing; Friday morning, I got her up and brought her into bed with us and when Mr. Squab got up to get dressed, she started clapping and laughing like she’d been doing it her whole life. Now she does it every morning, and I’ll tell you: if you’ve got to get up at what I once considered the ungodly hour of 7:00 am, there’s no better way to do it than with a small person who is so delighted to see you, so delighted to start the day in your company, that she just can’t help but clap and laugh out loud.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Patrick, Schmatrick
- Lost: One Pair Perspectacles, Slightly Used
- The Next Time
- The Internet is Magic + Valentines
- Nobody said this was gonna be easy
- Unanswerable questions my youngest daughter has recently asked me
- They Say You Can't Go Home Again ...
- In which your fearless blogger returns from the vast wasteland of non-posting
- Look! Pretty!
- Feet of Clay