The mucous continues, and I woke up this morning with a sore throat, so that’s just fucking awesome. Man, it has been negativity central around here lately, hasn’t it? I’m not usually so morose. Part of it is the stupid Minnesota winter: right about now is the point when I would give my right arm to be living somewhere south-er and east-er. The cold and snow seem never-ending. My internal clock tells me it’s time to start prepping my gardens, but of course in this stupid zone you can’t plant anything until May. So, yeah: cabin fever, spring fever, and a baby with an actual fever. Not exactly the recipe for spiritual exuberance.
But, like the song says, you gotta ac-cen-tu-ate the positive. So here’s some positive stuff:
1. When you say “I love you” to the Hatchling, she now responds “Wuv ooo.”
2. Project Runway finale is tonight!! I’ll be happy as long as Rami doesn’t win.
3. I saw Definitely, Maybe the other day and it was so. totally. cute. Way better than I thought it would be.
4. The Hatchling and I both got cute shoes from Zappos today.
5. Those new jeans at Lane Bryant? ROCK MY WORLD. It was such a surreal experience to try on a pair of jeans that actually fit my body, right off the rack! No hemming, no tapering, no darting, no nothing. Just a great fit. I have some problems with LB (namely the absurd prices they charge for cheaply made clothes) but these jeans are well worth the $40 I spent on them.
OK, time for Project Runway. Go Christian and Gillian!