Top ten non-food related things the Hatchling enjoys putting in her mouth (this week):
10. Keys – real, fake, whatever
9. Her own toes
8. The TV remote
7. My forehead/cheeks
6. The horns on her stuffed giraffe
5. Mr. Squab’s nose
4. My hands
3. The eyeballs of her stuffed frog
2. The trunk of her stuffed elephant
1. Both her fists. Preferably at the same time.
I should add that to say the Hatchling merely “puts these in her mouth” utterly fails to convey the absolute ferocity with which she crams the above items into her oral cavity. She doesn’t just chew on them; she ATTACKS them with every fiber of her small being.