So. I have gestational diabetes. Fuckin’ right on. I didn’t even pass the fasting blood test – meaning that even when I hadn’t eaten anything in 11 hours, my blood sugar was still above the normal range. Normally they don’t even do this test until 28 weeks, but my docs wanted to get me in early for it, and I guess it’s a good thing they did. I’ll find out more about how this all works when I visit the diabetes specialists at the hospital early next week, but for now it looks like it will be managed with diet rather than insulin shots, which is good. Of course, I’ll still have to make like a pincushion and poke myself multiple times per day to check my blood sugar, so that will be super fun. Sigh. Onward and upward.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Patrick, Schmatrick
- Lost: One Pair Perspectacles, Slightly Used
- The Next Time
- The Internet is Magic + Valentines
- Nobody said this was gonna be easy
- Unanswerable questions my youngest daughter has recently asked me
- They Say You Can't Go Home Again ...
- In which your fearless blogger returns from the vast wasteland of non-posting
- Look! Pretty!
- Feet of Clay