I don’t know what’s gotten into me lately, but I just do not have anything blogworthy to say. Everything I can think of sounds so boring it puts ME to sleep, so I can only imagine the soporific effect it would have on my beloved readers. (You heard me: soporific. Just because I’m at home with a 19-month-old doesn’t mean I can’t use unnecessarily large words, dammit.) Random tidbits from the last few days:
– I just finished re-reading Jane Eyre. It’s still really good, in case you were wondering. Also, Jane and Mr. Rochester were a lot flirtier than I remembered. Like, holy badinage, Batman. (You heard me: badinage. Look it up!)
– Even though we had 8 people for Thanksgiving and a not-huge turkey we still have So. Many. Leftovers. Anyone have any good, easy recipes for quart bags full of dark meat and a metric ton of cornbread dressing?
– After going on a bit of a nap-strike last week, yesterday the Hatchling took two 2.5-hour-long naps. That’s FIVE HOURS I had to myself. Please don’t hurt me, other moms reading this.
– Whose idea was it for there to be merely a month between Thanksgiving and Christmas? Because I have a few choice words I would like to share with them. Words like, “Are you a fucking idiot?!?“
– Um, that is all. See? Booooooring.