I just found this new-ish Web 2.0 app, Lookybook, which I foresee using the crap out of over the next few years. They’ve scanned a ton of picture books into their server – not just excerpts, a la Amazon, but whole entire books – so you can preview them before you buy them. So extremely cool – because who has time to peruse picture books at the bookstore when your two-year-old is threatening to demolish the entire CD section? This site has lots of ways to search, and you can collect books on your personal bookshelf so you remember them, and … well, me likey, is what I’m saying. Here’s a book I found on the site that I have got to get for our library, because HOLY LIFE-THREATENING CUTENESS. Check it (click the eyes in the upper-right corner for a bigger verison):
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Patrick, Schmatrick
- Lost: One Pair Perspectacles, Slightly Used
- The Next Time
- The Internet is Magic + Valentines
- Nobody said this was gonna be easy
- Unanswerable questions my youngest daughter has recently asked me
- They Say You Can't Go Home Again ...
- In which your fearless blogger returns from the vast wasteland of non-posting
- Look! Pretty!
- Feet of Clay